I like how this dish is so simple to make. Me and my sis cooked it over the weekend and it's delicious. It's typical asian dish that will surly satisfy your hunger.
Adapted from chinese.food.com
- 1 lb boneless round steak
- 1 lb charcoal chuck steaks, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 1 small onions, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup water, plus
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 4 cups broccoli floret
1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
2. Add beef and toss.
3. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
5. Return beef to pan.
6. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
7. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
8. Serve over rice.