Oh my gosh! This recipe is so good, you have to try it!
Okey, so I have frozen shrimp laying around in the freezer for quite sometime now but I didn't know what to do with it. I don't feel like cooking it the usual way so I thought of doing something else. Since I love pasta, and quite bored of the usual bolognese, I was thinking why not try shrimp pasta? So I browse online and found this. It's an amazing recipe I promise.
Initially, I was thinking of not following the recipe. Like cooking the shrimp with the shell and adding white wine while it's still cooking. But I thought, hey I tried not following several recipes before and it didn't turn out quite as good as I was expecting. So this time, I followed the recipe with a few substitute. Spaghetti instead of linguine, rice wine instead of white wine. lemon chili sauce instead of red chili pepper flakes, wintermelon juice instead of lemon and basil instead of parsley.
Adapted from Closet Cooking
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 pinch red chili pepper flakes (optional)
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 pound shrimp (shelled and deveined)
1/4 cup white wine
1 lemon (juice and zest)
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound linguini (cooked)
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped, optional)
1 tablespoon parmigiano reggiano (grated, optional)
1. Heat the oil and melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add the red chili pepper flakes and garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the shrimp and saute until cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side.
4. Remove the shrimp from the pan.
5. Add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
6. Simmer the liquid until reduced by about half, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Add the butter, wait for it to melt and turn off the heat.
8. Add the shrimp, pasta and parsley and toss to coat.
9. Serve with a garnish of parmigiano reggiano if you wish.